The United States Marine Corps
A Chronology, 1775 to the PresentBook - 2011
This comprehensive survey profiles one of history's greatest fighting forces, on land, sea, and air.
* Comprehensive daily coverage of wartime and peacetime activities as they have affected the U.S. Marine Corps as an institution and a fighting machine
* Detailed coverage of all major and many minor military engagements from 1775 through 2009, affording informative glimpses of American men and women in combat across the globe
* Illustrations throughout highlighting significant events and Marine Corps personalities
* 20 sidebars that afford greater detail and context on a variety of events and individuals
* A 5,000-word bibliography of the latest scholarship on U.S. Marine Corps history, organization, leadership, and battles