Warty ToadsBook - 2010
Many people believe that a person can get warts just by touching a toad. While this enduring myth is not true, a toad's warts are harmful to many of its predators. The warts produce a poison, and most animals that eat toads often get sick and can even die. Many animals, such as dogs and foxes, spit out a toad after just one bite because the poison tastes so bad. These are just some of the interesting facts that kids will learn when they enter the world of Warty Toads. Vivid, full-color photos will captivate kids as they see up close what these wart-covered creatures eat, how they stay safe, and the tremendous transformations that take place as these amphibians grow from tiny tadpoles to adult toads.
Publisher: New York, N.Y. : Bearport, c2010.
Branch Call Number: E 597.87 Goldish
Characteristics: 24 p. :,col. ill. ;,26 cm.