The Employer's Legal Advisor
Handling Problem Employees Effectively, Knowing When and How to Work With An Attorney, Staying Out of Court-- or Winning your Case If You Get ThereBook - 2007
It has become the bane of every employer's existence: the dreaded lawsuit from a disgruntled employee. Accusations of discrimination, sexual harassment, and unlawful firing are just a few of the charges that can make managers and HR professionals feel powerless and overwhelmed. The Employer's Legal Advisor will help employers deal with such challenging situations -- and stop the wasted time, major expense, and low morale a legal action will cause.
Renowned attorney Thomas Hanna has more than 40 years of experience representing high-profile businesses and winning hundreds of cases. Now he reveals practical advice for reducing the possibility of a lawsuit and for winning a case if it does go to court. Readers will discover how to:
* Investigate problems and learn why they happen.
* Handle problem employees effectively.
* Keep thorough documentation during a disciplinary action.
* Know when and how to work with an attorney.
* Avoid illegal use of e-mail, video monitoring, and other devices to "snoop" on employees.
* Be an effective witness if a case comes to trial.